[Unit Project 1] How To Spend Flee Time.



My artifact is a finger puppet. Finger puppet is bag-shaped puppets that you can play with by inserting your fingers. The length is 10cm and the width is 6cm. The inside is made of navy blue and white checked fabric, and the outside is made of white with blue quilting. It has irregular light blue eyes and a mouth. There is a whale mark on the chestr puppet. And the edges are frayed to pieces.



What do you do when you have nothing to do? Time spent waiting for people at the park, time between classes, time left over from making an apron too early in sewing class. Every day is full of time with nothing to do.

When I was 3th grade elementary school student, I have sewing class. I was looking forward to this class every week because I like detailed work. One day, we made apron on the class. Actuary, I have an incredible sence of sewing. My sewing needle swam like a dolphin through the sea of ​​fabric, and the apron was completed in no time. It was a very nice apron. However, I had a lot of time left over because I finished it too early.

"How is it, Daisuke? Are you able to sew well? Look at the apron I made. Isn't it so nice?" I said that to my friend Daisuke who was sitting next to me.

Then he looked my eyes and said, "Shut up." Oops. He is concentrating on making an apron. When I looked around, everyone in the class was still making aprons. I felt boring. I want to talk to anyone! I want something to do! But I'm alone.

At that time, I looked at my desk, I saw some leftover cloth next to the completed apron. Let's make something with this to pass the time. This work was more exciting than making the apron. Apron had a manual, but it didn't have it. I cut out the fabric, sewed the edges together to make a bag, turned it inside out, and attached a face. I made a whale symbol with a piece of felt that was on the floor, and as I was ironing it on, a chime rang.

I was able to kill time this way. Not only that, I got a cute finger puppet, and Daisuke's praise about it.

What do you do when you have nothing to do? Time spent waiting for people at the park, time between classes, time left over from making an apron too early in sewing class. I recommend making finger puppets.



I will talk about smartphone addiction. It's a term used to describe a situation where people use their smartphones too much. Generally speaking, using smartphone for more than two hours a day, likely into this situation. Digital detox is an effective way to escape from this situation. People use smartphones in their spare time. However, by living away from digital devices, you can use your free time for other things. You can read a book, think about something, indulge in hobbies, or just go outside for a run. Acquiring IT skills has become important in recent years, but it is equally important to learn how to distance yourself from electronic devices. I think improvised crafting like I mentioned is an effective method.

Do you know "Home economics dragon"? In japanese, "Kateika dragon". Japanese elementary school students select various tool designs from a catalog. From there, they choose designs for calligraphy bags, sewing bags, and sewing kits such as aprons and tote bags. While there are designs ranging from simple to pop designs, there is one that is always featured in every catalog. That is "kateika Dragon". They usually have large dragons printed on them and a cool, metal, dark design. In the younger grades, boys find it very attractive, so they all choose it. However, when they reach higher grades, they find the design childish and embarrassing and regret it. This is the sad fate of the "Kateika dragon". But most boys in Japan get an opportunity to learn and grow from this dragon. "Kateika dragon" is a part of Japanese culture that is not yet known overseas.

Comments

  1. Your story was very interesting to read!! I admire your talent so much. In my spare time, I decided not to use my smartphone, but to do other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an interesting story. I am very jealous of your sewing sense! I wanted to quit an environment dependent on my phone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts